Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Sayin' goodbye to the 70s

The unit I've moved into is brand new. (Yes, Ms Mabel, I did take more pics on the weekend, just haven't put them on the puter yet...I know, I'm slack!)

There are a few things that weren't 'complete' when I moved in (although not as bad as the last place, where I didn't have electricity or an oven for almost a week). One thing I don't have, and am going to need as it becomes warmer, is security/screen doors on my front door and the doors to my courtyard. It's not an issue now, so I don't mind if they take a while to get it done.

The more important thing is that I haven't had a tv antenna. This has meant that since I moved in (in the beginning of September - how time flies!), I've been watching grainy, fuzzy and mostly black and white tv. It's also meant that, because each channel has a different frequency, I've been having to get up and move the internal antenna lead each time I wanted to change the channel.

Nothing makes you endure crap tv shows more than the thought of having to get up and adjust the damn leads to watch something else. Sad though, if I think about it too much, that I'd sit there and watch crap tv rather than move 5 or 10 feet.

I got a call this morning from the guy who's been booked to install the roof antenna. Apparently they had a death in the family, and that's why it's taken them so long to contact me to let me know when they're going to do the installation. The good news is that I should actually be able to watch the news tonight and see the people, read the words and have colour!!

Now I can just be a lazy couch potato, rather than a lazy, frustrated couch potato! Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home