Saturday, October 15, 2005

Desperate times

Sometimes in life, you just gotta do what you have to do. A girlfriend I haven't seen in a while called me tonight. Being that she's recently separated and I'm recently...emancipated...we decided we'd go out to a club, or bar, or somewhere, just to pretend like we really do lead exciting social lives.

So, where do you wanna go?

I dunno. I was hoping you'd know.

Gawd, how would I know? I haven't been out in forever.

Me either. I thought you'd know these things.

Well, (very popular dating site) has a singles night on tonight.

I saw that. Can I wear jeans? I don't wanna have to get all froo-frooed up.

Me either. I think you can.

Yep folks, we're going to a singles night, put on by the kind dating site people. Said dating site allows you to purchase 'contacts' in lots of 6, but it's rather expensive. Neither of us have found 6 people we're remotely interested in contacting, so the investment is not appealing.

Indeed, it could be said that if one were to find a life partner (heck, even a coffee partner), then the investment in 6 contacts would be worth it, even if you didn't use them all. Apparently, neither of us operate that way.

We're hoping that our $15 entry fee will be a better investment and that the few people who sparked our interest will be there as well.

We're telling ourselves we're just going out to have a great night...and trying to forget that we would have had no idea where to go without the pre-arranged event organised by an internet dating site.

I have no idea what clubs to go to anymore? Man! I must be getting old!

1 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I can't wait to hear ALL about it!

3:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home