Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Sideways

Some random updates.

Health
  • heart prob is apparently not as bad as I was lead to believe, but still need to be careful.
  • girl bits are all normal, according to the ultrasounds.
  • 5 billion blood tests suggest I'm the opitome of perfect health (except for the 'menopausal' scare - long story!).
  • girl bits seem to be back to normal...tentative sigh of relief.
  • new drugs for narcolepsy gave me the worst nausea for two days, so I'm off them for two days before I try again on Thursday.
  • same new drugs seem to have gotten rid of the headaches I've had for the past two weeks.
  • same new drugs did nothing for the narcolepsy, despite costing $121.45 for 30 tablets!
  • I really want to go back onto the old drugs I was on...but it seems people have a problem with narcotics.

Dr Fun-Killer

I know I haven't done a Dr F-K update for a while. That's because I've stagnated in my progress. I haven't gone backwards, but I've waivered, mainly because of all the health stuff above. People are saying I look well though, so that's pleasing. But I don't get why people say, "oh but you be careful", like I'm suddenly going to stop eating and become anorexic. I'm not disappointed with where I'm at, but I know I can do better. That's all.

On the home front

Everything is absolutely ideal. I am damn lucky to have the relationship I have. As an aside, he said to me the other day that the more he learns about my mother, the more he dislikes her. I understand where he's coming from - he feels she didn't parent well, didn't give guidance and support, was emotionally manipulative (well she was) and generally didn't allow me anywhere to go when I needed someone growing up. I feel in part that somehow I may have misconstrued her to him, or over emphasised how things were, but then I know I'm just playing down my feelings and negating how I feel and that's not good. We've talked a lot about this stuff and there are a lot of things I need to tell him/explain to him. I just don't know where to start.

El kiddo

Asked me the other week if I was going to be his mummy now. Got that sorted out. We talked to him about it and C and I have had the 'step mum' talks too. I soooo don't feel like a step-mum, but I guess I am in a way.

Work

Work is driving me nuts. I am soooo bored here and I hate coming to work every day and having nothing to do. If there was incentive to drive for 90 mins each way, each day, I'd do it. Thanks to Tara, I have two interviews with agencies this week, so we'll see what happens. I'm not overly optimistic, but at least it's something. Honestly though, if I could find a couple of things to do where I could work from home and still make decent money, I'd do it in a second.

I'm sure there's more, but it's not coming to me right now, so I'll go back to pretending to be occupied with work.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Yay, YAY!!! Was hoping you were feeling better!! :)

CNFGANDY

1:00 pm  
Blogger Movin'on said...

Woo hoo!!! I was so hoping that those agencies would get you in for an interveiw!!! I spoke to one of them earlier this week and she is really impressed with your Cv - your chances are good!!!
Again - WOO HOO!!!!

3:51 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

cnfgandy...yeah, I am, thanks....kinda LOL

Tara....Thanks! I spoke to Amber from Max on Tues and Ewa from Dixon on Wed. Not holding my breath, but it's a start!

12:26 pm  
Blogger Randygirl said...

~deep smiling sigh~

I miss ya. Quit your job and tell the boy you're devoting your time to IMing from now on, k?

hugs

9:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home