Wednesday, February 23, 2005

What next?

4 more days! That's all I had in that stupid stinking townhouse with the awful landlord and what happens? We're packing up boxes into my car. The car is in the driveway at the BACK of the house, the garage door is open, we can see through from the front of the house, out the garage door. C sees a woman checking out the dog next door, comes inside and leaves a box on the back of my car (which, I might add, is on an angle and almost inside my garage - which opens to the kitchen), while we pack up my stereo.

Not a few minutes later, we go back outside and the box is gone. This woman has gone all the way up the side of the house and practically into the house to take the freakin box! While we're there!

ALL MY SENTIMENTAL STUFF was in that box. A present from my Christening, things I collected in Vegas, special glassware, collectibles, a present from A for Christmas...just 'stuff' that means a lot to me. And now it's gone. Thankfully, some stuff didn't fit in the box, so I still have the one and only photograph I have of my grandfather. But my christening cup was really the only 'family' thing I had since my mum's engagement ring got stolen last time my house was broken into, so now I have nothing. (Yeah, I know I'm not close with my family, but I still had that one thing that meant something to me.)

So of course, C feels bad and like it's his fault. It's not. It's the fault of the stupid woman who's lucky I didn't see her do it.

I'm so angry and sad and disappointed and I don't think C knows quite how to handle me. Well he does, he's just giving me space to calm down and I understand that. I would too! He made me get out and go for a walk with him for just under an hour and I was fine, but now that I'm home, I'm mad and sad again.

It just sucks. Any other week, any other box, I mighta been able to handle it better, but right now I seriously wish I had a punching bag. Bring it on, I say. Pity the person who manages to upset me next.

Dentist on Friday, docs on Tuesday.

Seriously, was I having too much fun, or something?

3 Comments:

Blogger Mia Goddess said...

What is wrong with people?!? I'm so sorry.

2:02 am  
Blogger monica said...

Oh man. Sorry that happened. Hugs, dear! In a few more days, you'll be living in with C!!

12:32 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I can't believe that! We have a better class of thief in Parkville, you see...

5:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home