Friday, February 04, 2005

Caution - girl brain

The boy is an emergency services volunteer. The last couple of days we've had the worst storms in 150 years...so he didn't get home till late last night, after helping to fix peoples' houses et al, due to rain/wind damage.

I don't know what came over me, because I'm normally not all housewifey and domesticated, but I sent him a message that I'd make him his dinner anyway and I'd keep it for when he got home. It was getting pretty late, so I decided to pack it all up so he could take it to work today for lunch. When he got home, there was a nice little container in the fridge waiting for him. And I'd done all his washing and some grocery shopping. (Well, I stayed home yesterday - long story I might update on later.) Really, I should have been getting around with an apron around my waist. I felt so Stepford-like. :-p

(Oh yeah, this is all after I mopped and cleaned up the laundry and front entrance after it flooded from the rain!.)

Anyway, he got home and we sat down on the lounge together and he started reading the junk mail catalogues....from jewellery stores.

Him: It's only 11 days till Valentine's Day
Me: (thinking) shit, even I didn't know how many days to go.
Me: Oh.
Him: (flicking through the mags) So, what do you like best? Yellow or white gold?
Me: (thinking) holy shit girl, don't get over-excited.
Me: I think I prefer white gold.

I have to point out, at this stage he handed me one catalogue he finished and, after looking at it for a bit, I admitted I really didn't like anything much in it at all - most of it was too froo froo for my liking. However, I did explain what I do like and there was one ring similar to that style.

I have engaged my logical/rational brain and am putting it in place for the next two weeks. I don't expect anything. Honestly, if he were to send me flowers at work, or something equally mushy, I'd be over the moon.

But, come on! Does he not know that any talk of rings around Valentine's Day is gonna send a chick into emotional chaos? Sheeesh!

hehe...I'm just impressed he knows how many days there are to go.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Well, maybe it's one of those "you're my girl" rings. (Yeah, I know.)

Hehehehe, this is so exciting! Yay!

12:29 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

No, it's definately an engagement ring. No doubt about it...

3:35 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL yes it's exciting...I think....I guess. Well, it's nice that he thinks about these things anyway.

But, Ian, I don't think it's gonna be an engagement ring. Ha, for all I know, he might just be trying to mislead me about what he's getting me. Mind you, I wouldn't turn one down. LOL :-p

3:42 pm  
Blogger Randygirl said...

"Mind you, I wouldn't turn one down"...am I the only one who noticed this comment and knows what a big deal that is?!?!
>huge grins< I'm so glad you two are happy!

5:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home