Monday, December 13, 2004

All smiles

Despite my bah humbuginess (new word) and the tone of my previous post, I'm pleased to say this December has been much better than I expected it to be. For starters, I expected to be single and to stay in hibernation until at least the middle of January.

I was with Sara in SC this time last year, preparing for her wedding. While I'm here, and since it's already the 13th here, I'll say a quick...

Happy 1st Anniversary Sara and Michael!
Love you both!

Sara, Dad finally sent me this, and it'll be on its way to you some time this week. If I can work out a time when it's not too early or too late for both of us, I'll try to call you as well.

I bought C's Christmas present today. Well, one of them. I realised I've been in such a calm, better place than I thought I would be at this time of year. Even though I feel a little like it's been an out of body experience, it's felt so right and so natural. I always feel like I'm gushing when I talk about C. The fact is, he hasn't put a foot wrong and has always come through for me at exactly the right time. I've never been so relaxed around someone before. At least, not that I can remember.

I'm not doing anything Christmassy in my own house. I'm happy to be a part of someone else's Christmas. I think the last couple of years of turmoil and crap were what I had to go through to see the good in what I have right now.

I'm content. Things could be better...but they could be a whole lot worse too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it over and over. If ever there were a group of people who deserved the happiness that seems to be shining through right now, it would be you, and L, and S, and A, and G, and M, and V (you know who I mean, right?) (and is it ok for me to put myself in here?).
Every day that I read the "gushing" and every day that I type up my own, I smile and I'm glad. It's about bloody time, ya know?
hugs,
R

5:08 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

"Bah Humbugness" - I like that word. I'm going to start a band and call it that...

2:30 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

R, I know who ya mean and I definitely think you can include yourself!

E, I have to agree with her, you DO seem happy and it's great to hear it. I think this guy sounds wonderful and even though you might not think you are entitled to this existance you are having, you are! I think one day you just change from thinking you aren't to knowing you are enjoy! Make the most of this beautiful time and help him decorate his garden! :)

many hugs,
a

7:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home