Sunday, November 07, 2004

It took 32 years, but it finally happened!

I became one of 'those' women.... I lost my car in a carpark! Aaarrrgggh!

Ok, I was running late, not paying attention to where I was, feeling guilty (for reasons I'll explain in a sec), and just generally flustered. But I pride myself on being of above average intelligence. Now though, I just feel like a dumb blonde! Ugh!!!

Anyway, R, you may remember James (the teacher I went to lunch with once)? I contacted him quite a while ago on the site I met Ed on (before I met Ed). He assumed the gentleman role and proclaimed his interest, but sat in the background while I went through the whole Ed saga. Every now and then, he'd ask if I'd heard from Ed after that whole debacle, I'd say no, and we'd talk about catching up. We kept missing each other, so it never happened.

Then I met Chris. Meanwhile, James realised that things were over with Ed and asked if we could catch up. So I had to tell him again that I'd just met someone, but that I'd be happy to meet up for coffee.

I've never unwittingly broken someone's heart once, let alone twice in about as many months! So coffee was slightly uncomfortable and I felt awful, but what can ya do? I felt obliged to pay for our drinks, which probably just rubbed salt into the wounds. He was ok about it all, although the disappointment was quite evident.

Guess it's just the way things work out. Still, it sucks to be the bad guy - twice! - and then need help to find my car. Oh, the shame!

Today has got to improve!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

The poor guy. I mean, you can't force something that isn't there, and it's definitely better that you're honest with him. But he was so hopeful.
Now watch him get a job there, ya know? lol
And don't beat yourself up abt the car. We actually have guidelines in place for how long people are required to wait to report their vehicle stolen if they've "lost" it. People call in all the time (ok, women actually) saying that they can't remember where they parked their car in the lot.
So at least you didn't call the police, right?
hugs

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home