Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Protein has made me superwoman

No...really!

Or maybe it's all psychosomatic (or I'm just psycho!)...

My lovely naturopath, Dr Fun-Killer has given me two things that have worked wonders for me in the last two weeks. The first is a magnesium powder, which I've been taking twice a day and before gym and I have not had even the tiniest headache ever since. This has astounded me, because the headaches stopped literally as soon as I took the powder the first time. Considering I'd been having pain that would put me almost out of action for a few days, for the last number of weeks, this is impressive!

And I've been having protein shakes. Let me say right here that I always pictured protein shake drinkers as the overly beefy brainless guys at the gym, who spend more time and money on mirrors for their bathrooms (bedrooms, kitchens, wherever there's free wall space etc) and sound systems for their hotted up cars, than anything else - the kind of guy who can't reach his neck to do up a tie or wipe his butt, because his muscles are too big (yes, I've known this kind of guy before!).

So here I am - a protein shake drinker! And I can tell you, it makes a big difference. I've been lifting more weight, with less effort, my muscles are recovering faster and I'm nowhere near as tired after gym as I have been previously. This is a good thing for someone with a sleep disorder!

All the money I'm giving Dr Fun-Killer every week seems to be paying off.

But I make this promise.... I will never, ever end up looking like this.


Yes, it's a woman!

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Hey! Great photo of Kirk Douglas!

8:09 pm  
Blogger Rob Burton said...

Yes er nice erm, nice....um sorry my eye/brain coordination seems to have switched off, I'm just too scared.

10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home