Saturday, November 06, 2004

"I don't recall seeing Nachos on the list."

That's what Dr Fun-Killer said when I told him I'd eaten Nachos on Tuesday for lunch. Chris and I had been out for a drive (public holiday) and the weather had turned bad very quickly, so we thought we'd stop, get something to eat and watch the Melbourne Cup. We turned up at a pub just as the kitchen was closing, so all they had was nachos. Considering all I'd eaten all day prior was nuts, I was having nachos - even if they weren't on the list.

But despite that, and despite having had toast two mornings this week ("That's going to set you back slightly". "Ugh, ok."), I have lost 2kg of body fat and gained 1/2kg of muscle! (that's 4.4 pounds and 1.1 pound respectively)

I am so freakin proud of myself for sticking with this health thing. I've never dieted before, never really eaten healthy (even though I've always been quite fit), and I've been feeling like I haven't made any progress, despite drinking so many concoctions and taking fish pills that make me burp fish breath.

So it's good to actually see computer generated evidence that I'm achieving what I set out to do. Being such a results driven person, I needed this to help me keep going.

WOOOHOOOO! I rock! Now, where's my gold star??

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Go Nachos! Go Toast! Go Fish Breath! Actually, maybe that could be your new name...

3:32 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Good on you for being good. I have to say, nachos are my FAVORITE thing to eat ever. Load 'em up with guac and sour cream, oh and jalepenos! I love Mexican food. I could eat it every day. Dr Fun-Killer would be so disgusted by my meals this week. Here's the run-down (I KNOW you wanted to know!)

M-W-F Breakfast: swiss cheese dipped in ranch dressing (I swear, it's true!)
T-Thur Breakfast: Oat fruit scone from Starbucks
All days breakfast: at least 8 shots of coffee

M-W-F Lunch: Buffalo chicken strips, lettuce, ranch dressing and Buffalo hot sauce

Tuesday lunch: chop chop seafood salad (oh... it was soooo nummy) 18 US dollars (that wasn't so great!)
Thursday lunch: NACHOS!

Tuesday and Thursday afternoon treat: 4 shot nonfat latte.

3 dinners: popcorn, popped in buttery popcorn oil
1 dinner: steak and salad
1 dinner: chicken and salad

There... Now I've confessed. All the calories disappear, right?

4:15 pm  
Blogger Bradley Robb said...

I've got a gold star too, but your commenting doesn't allow for HTML.

3:09 am  
Blogger Stu said...

Congratulations on your progress! I wish I could stick with some sort of a diet...but apparently I like rich foods and sugar way too much. I'm back in the land of the blogging again, and it's great to see you're still typing away!

4:44 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Thanks for posting on my blog, I've dropped in on yours now! I hope you don't mind, I certainly don't mind if you read mine. As you said, it seems I'm reading more blogs than anything else these days..

I just wanted to say how much I MISS NACHOS!! (tears falling, heaving, wah! wah!) I have to say I was salivating when I read RisibleGirl's descriptopm of the nachos. Sigh.

I just wanted to say, it sounds like you are doing a great job!! I'll have to read further to find out exactly what you are doing (I know you mentioned naturopath or something like that on the board).. Maybe I can get inspired from you... Keep up the good work! (One little nacho episode does not a dietary collapse make!)

5:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home