Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Who's your daddy?

I read a post on a message board a few weeks ago about this woman who would not date men who earned less than a six figure salary, but she earned a less than average salary. Someone suggested she sign up on a millionaires dating website.

I'm a curious gal. I had to check it out. So I made up a profile and thought I'd check out what money looks like. Well, millionaires have money, obviously, so they (the 'they' of this site) figure millionaires can afford to pay to search for suitable partners. Dammit! I couldn't cruise the profiles and satiate my curiousity without signing up and paying for a month. So I did. Hey, it was only ten bucks!

I put a fairly basic profile up and my standard picture. On the site, there is a feature whereby you can see who's looked at your profile.

Frankly, I'm disturbed!! My list as of a few minutes ago:
  1. 53yo, Florida
  2. 46yo, New York
  3. 49yo, Pennsylvania
  4. 43yo, Illinois
  5. 43yo, San Diego
  6. 54yo, Bedford, England
  7. 33yo, middle of nowhere, Queensland, AU (at least he's on the same continent)
  8. 52yo, Arizona
Folks, take a look at my photo and tell me I would not look like their daughter standing next to them (well, 'cept for the 33yo).

Equally disturbing is the 18yo who contacted me and said, "but I like older women" when I told him he was a tad too young for me. Hell, I work in a boys school. The thought of it freaks me out!

Think I'm gonna need therapy the way things are going!

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I'm more disturbed to find out that there's a 33 year old millionaire in Queensland. How dare he have that much money and only be a year older than me!

10:50 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Well, the 33yo actually contacted me and I emailed him back, but I never heard back from him. He's probably too busy counting his $$. haha

11:24 pm  
Blogger Humansufferance said...

Eve…maybe it’s time to tell to you…I am 30 and I am actually a millionaire.

That is, if I sold all my belongings, including the shoes I’m wearing, and work in a Thailand man-whore house for a year, and convert the proceeds to Turkish Lira. :-)

Hope you’ll find a young handsome millionaire soon! Just remember your friends when you do… :-)

1:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home