Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Odd pleasures

Pleasure #1. Leon

Yes, he's odd and he's a pleasure. We've worked together for just over three years now. From the beginning I've been completely attracted to him - his look, his personality, his brain. But because I care about him and like him so much as a friend, there is no way in the world I could comprehend actually getting physical with the guy. I like to look, but I don't ever want to touch. Besides, you know when you know someone so well that you know you just don't wanna go there with them? That's how it is with us. There are things unsaid with us and it's better that way.

He's been away on leave for two weeks and he's back at work today. I had to ring him because my car broke down and, I admit it, I was excited to hear his voice. I can't wait to get to work today to see him. Who'da thunk that!

Pleasure #2. Living alone

I've never done it before and I never thought I'd like it. But I do. Apart from the fact that I moved in here expecting to have a housemate and paying half the rent I am, (see: apart from being broke), I like that I can do whatever I want, whenever I want, I don't have to answer the phone if I don't want to, I don't have to talk if I'm not in the mood, I don't have to have visitors and I can sing as loudly as I like and the only ones to complain are my cats. I'm used to the pained looked and requests for me to open the back door so they can get away from me.

Pleasure #3. Talking to Ed as my alter ego

Strange as it sounds, it's been interesting talking to Ed and pretending to be someone else. I know it's not right and I'm fighting an internal moral battle with myself on that one, but it's become a compulsion because I'm seeing an interesting side of him and learning things I would otherwise have not known.

Like, he's talking to a handful of girls, but only talking. Slightly disconcerting, but mildy reassuring as well. He wants to take things slow and admits that he cannot articulate what he wants and admits that he can be standoffish (although he's never come across that way to me), because the last girl he was with screwed him over so bad, he thinks everyone will.

The other thing I'm finding is that he's asking questions and seems open to at least considering the fact that all women are not bitches and that there are those of us who just want to be treated well and want to treat our partner just as well.

He's smart enough to have detected that I can see through him when he's bullshitting to me. It'll be interesting to see who blinks first.

I think I'm just reprogramming him though, and that he's my practice person, but that's ok. I genuinely like the guy....except the part of him that frustrates the hell out of me.

Pleasure #4. Gym

Some pain is bad. Some pain is good. The pain I get from my current gym is good pain. Yes, it hurts like hell to weight train. This is not something I've spent a long time doing at gyms, so it's a novel concept for me. I do 45 minutes of weights and 10 minutes on the bike. One set of each exercise, but as much weight as you can handle. My G-d it hurts! There is a method to this madness that I'm not going to go into here, except to say that they've done studies to show that one very intense set of each exercise is just as beneficial, if not moreso, as doing three sets at a lighter weight.

Besides, it takes less time too and I like that bit a lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home