Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Lesbians, black guys and mud cake

So'd I get your attention?

We used to be a group of six, my girls and I. We're now five (long story), but only four of us went out tonight. My girlfriends are the wives of my ex boyfriend's mates. Follow? All of them 40 something and married with kids. They've been my friends since I first came down here in 1996 and took me into their group even before my ex and I got together and we were still just housemates. They're more sisters to me than my real sisters.

We don't get to spend a lot of time together - not as much as we used to. They have work and kids and I have work and ...well....stuff.

Tonight we went out to celebrate Lyn's birthday. That was the excuse anyway. We just haven't been out together in a long while, so it was about time.

Josie is the smallest of us, although Lyn gives her a run for her money, but she can eat! lol She couldn't decide what to have and I was starving, so I ordered a meal I thought she'd like. I am not kidding when I say they may as well have brought her food out still in the pot they cooked it in. It was some kind of seafood shellfish dish in a tomato based sauce, but the bowl she had could easily have been mistaken for some sort of trendy white pot. Huge! I've never seen anything like it. With her meal, she was also given fresh sliced bread - what appeared to be about half a loaf - plus a bowl for the shells and a bowl to clean her fingers. She practically needed a whole table to herself.....pretty funny for a gal who's only about five foot nothing.

We had about 3 waiters during our meal. I guess they weren't all that busy. The one we liked the most, and flirted with most unashamedly, was Geoffrey; a black American from Sacramento, CA. Tattooed, a diamond in his nose, and totally charming. Did I mention that Josie, in addition to her ability to eat more food than the rest of us put together, has a serious thing for black men and/or black/hispanic accents? It's an obsession for the tiny 40 something Italian lady, but we love her, so of course we did all we could to make poor Geoffrey hang around our table.

When it comes to sex, be aware, women talk about it as much as men do. In fact, we probably go into more detail in some respects than men do. Our get togethers are enlightening and at the same time disconcerting. I don't really like to picture my friends and their husbands getting drunk and getting it on in their linen closet, but hey, these things come out over a meal and a nice wine. Ed got his fair share of mention too (what'd you expect huh?) and I bet his ears were burning as he sat at his regular Wednesday night dinner with his friends.

Women talk about sex - over dinner. Now you know.

And I learnt something new. Well at least, something I hadn't considered before. Lesbians use their toes. Now this is a novel concept I never really took time to ponder before tonight. As we, all four, tucked into a piece of chocolate cake and icecream between us, we discussed the pros and cons of being lesbian, namely the real thing versus strap on (see: why would you not just go the real thing if you were inclined to insert things anyway?), and the use of toes versus other bits and pieces to stimulate.

I was also informed - and I'm not sure I really wanted to know this bit - that once you've been pregnant, your 'tongue' sticks out more. Think about it. I did.....and it's given me yet another reason to hold off on the whole baby concept. Ok, maybe you don't want to think about it for too long.

I' m so glad I caught up with my girls tonight. It's been a few weeks since I've seen them and I've been feeling like a bad, neglectful friend, but I've had my dose of girl talk and being flirty, so I'm content once more.

Oh and that whole thing about black men...it's not true...someone pointed this out too. But I could have told you that before tonight. ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

Ok can I say this cracked me up? Seriously, I laughed so hard I coughed. well, ok I was already coughing, but I did laugh.
I *know* you know what they say about Italian men (like my boy)....I say it's true. ;)
R

12:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home