Saturday, January 10, 2009

New year, new beginnings

Life is interesting, ain't it?

M (ex-bf who was trying to find me) called on Wednesday night and asked when I start my new job. I told him Monday. He told me he wanted to fly me up there for a few days before I start work. Overwhelming, much? I declined. I'm happy to see him in February, when he comes here, but I really need the time in between now and then to absorb things and get used to the idea of seeing him again.

My foot is still sore, but that's partly my fault. I've stayed off it as best I could, but....well, there's reality, too. The beginning of the week was fine, but after walking around for a few days, I've conceded that there's only so much I can do and I need to still go easy. Bummer.

Starting the new job on Monday. I should be grateful. I recognise that. I also recognise that the salary (which I'm being extremely ungrateful about) is my fault and perhaps I should have pushed harder and not settled how and when I did. It's a good job. If the salary were what I'd like, it would be the perfect job. Meanwhile, I'm waiting on an interview for a different kind of job, with more a more than perfect salary.

Ethically, I'm struggling with the fact that I've accepted something good, but less than ideal, knowing I could get a better/different opportunity in a couple of weeks. The circumstances around the entire situation have put me in a rock/hard place kind of position, so I'm trying to just let things happen as much as possible. Ultimately, I have to do what's best for me, even if it may inconvenience other people. I don't like it, but I do know it's time I started putting myself first.

Rob, the new housemate, moved his things in today. He asked if he could stay the night. I thought that was funny. He has a key, he's paid his rent, the place is his as much as it's mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Well, he's polite, if nothing else.

Yaknow, I've found healing time to be a major inconvenience.
I suppose that's suppose to be incentive to cease creating things that require heal time.

The old "A+B=C and C is not in your best interest" deal.....

Mind you, I've always sucked at math...

10:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home