Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Those were the days? Or are these?

I used to have time to blog, read blogs, read message boards, and generally do what I like during the day. These days, my lunch hour is the only time I stop during the day, I get home late and I can't be arsed looking at the computer too long at night. How things change, huh! Not having so much time to catch up on everyone is frustrating, but I'm trying to make time when I can.

I went for lunch yesterday with my old workmates; fearless offsider and another guy. Two of the few people I'm disappointed not to be working with anymore. If I could get them jobs where I am now, I would. It felt strange not going back to school with them, but it also felt good. That place was causing me more stress than I realised and the weight off my shoulders now is fantastic.

The guys I work with now are all pretty easy going as well. Most are in their early 20s. Very smart, nice guys, but still have that 'just outta university' demeanour. One brings Fruit Loops to work for breakfast and swears they are good for you and have no sugar. He gets hyped up in the mornings. I wonder why.

I've taken over a lot of work from the one person who's older than me. We often shake our heads at the other guys in that "you'll understand when you're older" way. Maybe I mentioned it already, but we're across the road from the Collingwood Childrens Farm and we walk the track along the river and through the farm at lunch time. It's a 20 minute round trip. So interesting what you can find out about a person in a 20 minute stroll that you wouldn't learn in the office.

We talked about our outside work interests, what we do on weekends, and all that stuff. I mentioned I'd taken four pairs of trousers to be taken up on Saturday, because I've lost enough weight in the last few weeks that they've been dragging on the ground. Not a good look! New offsider said that he'd noticed yesterday that I lost weight, but didn't want to mention it.

Weight's one of those issues you never know whether to address or not. I'm surprised though that he didn't say anything, because all the guys know I'm on a health kick and I'm wanting to lose weight. They even said my lunches look so good (and healthy) they'd pay me to make theirs. Nobody has yet, so I just keep taking my own and they keep looking at it with envy.

I've lost 4.6kg in about 4 weeks, just from eating healthily and with minimal exercise. I'm certainly not starving myself. In fact, I'm eating more than I have in a long time. Just the right things in the right way, instead of the crappy things. I tell ya, I feel better, I have more energy and I'm sleeping better. Feeling good feels good. I think I'm almost close to discovering what 'normal' feels like.

In a few days, I'll rediscover what uncomfortable feels like. Can't say I'm looking forward to my sister's wedding, for a number of reasons. My brother and his girlfriend have both said on separate occasions and unprompted, that they can't stand the guy my sister is marrying. He's made some comments that really haven't gone over well...arsehole/controlling statements. I'm trying to withhold judgment.

I'm also going to meet my sisters' brother. Mum will too. She says their dad just up and disappeared one day, so it'll be interesting to see how she reacts to the son. She says she's ok with it. We'll see. I'm not sure what I think about meeting him yet. He's Navy and around my age, so at least I might have something to talk with him about. I'm not sure if his family are going to be there or not.

Nobody's ok with me staying in a hotel, except my sister who's getting married. For peace, and my sanity, it really is the best thing for me to do. My stepmum said it's divisive, but if I stay with mum, I'll go insane. If I stay with my sister, mum with think I'm taking sides with dad, who's also staying with my sister.....across the road from mum's place. See? Hotel, good. Family, not good.

My current mood? Hmmm, dunno. Most things in life are pretty positive right now. There are a few gaps, but nothing that a bit of temporary filler won't fix.

9 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Where can I find this filler?

9:42 am  
Blogger SJ said...

And is it cheap? :)

1:51 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

And will you pay? :)

1:55 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Those are the $64K questions, my friend!

2:05 pm  
Blogger caro said...

I miss your posts over at you-know-where! Sounds like you are doing well though :)

(((((((hugs)))))))

4:20 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hi sweety! Catch up with me here. I don't post over there so much now. Nothing really to say! LOL (Well, nothing much that I feel inclined to say there anyway....unless it's to the oldies.) xx

4:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Typical SJ after a cheap filler ...

8:06 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

My kinda girl ;)

8:52 pm  
Blogger monica said...

EH. Better to be easy than cheap!

1:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home