Thursday, December 07, 2006

Shoot the messenger?

The downside of my job? The camera that's watching me all day. That's ok, though. I'm getting used to it...and I'll be moving my desk soon.

The upside? We have full access to msn messenger. I'm sure there's a work reason, but I don't know what it is. Anyway, it was great to chat with the lovely Sara today...and my now ex-fearless offsider yesterday.

But a strange thing happened. I hadn't been on long when I got a message from a guy who contacted me on matchdotcom before I met T. He said hi and asked if I was still with "the guy from Perth". No....unfortunately. I was busy so I didn't say much more. He said he had to sign off and go to work, but he'd catch up again soon. Oh, he's up in Brisbane.

Next, I got a message from a guy asking if I remembered him. Yes, you live on the Gold Coast. He asked if I was still single. I said I wasn't for a long time, but now I am....unfortunately. He asked when I was next going to be on the Gold Coast. I said I have no reason to go there. I got busy again after that, so I guess he signed off. I don't have either dude on my list, so I don't know.

Later in the afternoon, I got an email from another guy I met around the same time. Well, not met - just exchanged a couple of emails. It was a group email to say his business was moving offices. I almost replied, but I decided against it. He seemed like a nice enough guy, from what I can remember. What I can't remember is what put me off meeting him in the first place. I know there was something that made me apprehensive, but I can't remember what it was.

I'm just a little shocked by this. I'm in a place where I'm still comparing everything and everyone to what I had with T. Boys aren't a consideration right now. If part of me didn't like the sudden unsolicited attention, I'd probably tell them to go away.

And, no, Ian, I won't be doing the bouquet dive at the wedding. I hate that tradition. Seems juvenile. Besides, knowing my luck, I'll meet some interesting dude at the reception or at my hotel, who lives out the back of whoop whoop and I will never see again.

Speaking of the wedding, I told my mother last night that I'd be staying in a hotel. I won't go into the whole conversation, but let's just say she was unhappy. I didn't feel guilty. Unfortunately, my dad is unhappy about it too, but for different reasons. If I have to, I'm going to point out the big, fat, pink elephant in the room while I'm there. Not on the wedding day, coz that's not on. Maybe Sunday...if I have to.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Man, it must be great to be popular. You're really lucky :)

Have fun at the wedding... if you can :)

9:11 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

You know, I don't feel popular, or lucky at all. I feel like I do everything to do with guys, wrong. I certainly can't keep a relationship together anymore, it seems.

6:53 am  
Blogger monica said...

I'm right there with ya, sista.

Peace out, yo!


:)

3:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW it's been awhile since I checked in....guess I missed a lot. Thinking of you and hopeing you are well.

Rich

2:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home