Monday, October 23, 2006

Jolly good job!

Aaaaaaaaaarrrgh! I got offered the job!

They've even offered slightly more $ than I was expecting! I should get the contract tomorrow or Wednesday and then I have to give notice. Holy cow! I think I'm relieved, but I'm feeling a whole new kind of freaked out. I don't quite know what to think right now.

Che cosa รจ il problema?

Apart from the nerves and expected "can I do it?" thoughts, I had a phone interview today for a position that, if I had to choose between the two, I would take, no question. I won't even know if I will get an in-person meeting till Wednesday. I'm going to cross that bridge when I get there, but I'm feeling a little guilty about accepting a position when another is more appealing. But I don't have the other one and a bird in the hand, et al...

Soooo....I've told the whole blogging world and internet at large, but I'm not ready to tell anyone in real life yet. Probably because it's not quite real to me yet. It will be when I get the paperwork.

As fate, or the timing g-ds would have it, I got a letter today from my real estate agent saying they're going to increase my rent from January. There's the impetus I needed to start looking for a more suitable place - where I can put all my belongings and not have to keep stuff in storage. Don't worry Ian, I won't make you move all that furniture and crap again. Just gotta find a charity to collect it all. Oh, but then there's all the furniture in my house...

OMG!! I'd have to sit down if I wasn't already.

6 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

This is the job where you're entertainments officer for Bert Newton, right?

7:35 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

OMG.

I'm joining ya on the "I'd need to sit down if I weren't already."

Holy buckets.......

11:24 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Congratulations on the new job! But wow- more roller coaster rides for you, eh?

12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on the job! No matter what you decide to do, it's nice that they offered, eh?

Also, I LOVE your hair! Very nice with the "fringe"--hee, I feel funny saying that! Bangs ;)

12:13 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Yay! Congrats on the job!

Now, which job is it???

2:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay you!!

10:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home