Friday, September 22, 2006

Drug free, lone, jobless pin cushion

Haha, not quite, but I wonder what search results I'll end up in with that heading.

I haven't blogged since Monday and I'm gettin' nagged about it in my comments. What's the world coming to, huh?

Anyway, here's something else that hasn't happened since Monday. No headaches. No pain. At least not until this afternoon, when I went back for more torture by way of acupuncture and massage. A girl did my massage this time. She's the third person in as many visits. The same doctor does the needle stabbing though. This girl was good....even considering part of how she massaged my head felt a bit like a possessed chicken was scratching my scalp. Bizarre. But it felt great...in a chicken scratching way. She said I had beautiful hair, so I let her do what she wanted.

The massage is like no massage I've experienced. Very intense, and they must use heat lamps as well. At one stage, I made an impulsive noise because she was getting deep into my shoulder muscles, so she asked if it hurt. "Yes, but it's good." She laughed and I wondered if any of their other patients said they liked being in so much pain.

When it's all over, the pain goes, I stumble out the door, and come home to sleep. Really, I'm surprised at the results. I've felt almost good this week. I say almost, because I'm not sure what good is supposed to feel like and I doubt I'm fully there yet. I've ordered a yoga/pilates DVD, since my head no longer feels like it's going to explode, and I actually want to do exercise.

The other good news is that I've gone without drugs for 4 out of 5 days this week. Yesterday was the only time I've had to take them and that was mainly because I was at work, didn't have a lot to do and really thought I ought to stay awake at my desk for the afternoon.

Being pain free and almost drug free all week has definitely made me feel more positive about a lot of things. T would probably disagree though. I'm pretty sure I've driven him crazy lately. I can't begin to explain how busy he is and I knew before this increased workload that we'd have less 'us' time. I didn't realise how much it would bother me. Well, it's not so much the reduced time, but how we're both handling it...or not. I thought I could handle it a lot better than I obviously am.

In an attempt to ease the pressure on him and to retain at least some of my sanity, I've told him to take the next couple of weeks to get done what he has to do, without pressure from me. Maybe it'll backfire on me, having no contact (or at the least, minimal contact), but I don't know how else to handle it.

We've been doing the distance almost a year now. That surely has to factor into the equation somewhere, too. I'm doing my best, but I'm frustrated and I wish it were possible for us to have some quality time together soon (read: more than a weekend or a few days). When that might be possible, who knows. I'm a little on the sad side, but what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.....right?

In other news, 4 out of the last 5 jobs I've applied for have all gone to internal applicants prior to the companies seeing anyone from the agencies. The 5th one said I didn't have enough managerial experience. I knew this and told the woman from the agency, but she insisted on putting me forward for the position anyway. I don't see it as a bad thing really, because she's one of the few who've gone out of their way and see my skills/experience for what they are. So I don't feel bad for any of these outcomes.

Maybe I'll become a busker. I'll dress up as a monkey and play cymbals beside a real busker with some degree of talent. Never know where that might lead...

9 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I'll be the organ grinder. I certainly have had enough practice :(

11:43 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Gotta go. I need to do a google search on 'busker'.

You foreigners and your crazy words. ;)

1:32 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

That's good. Get the headaches under control and then head out to spend the day beating cymbals together. doesn't sound like progress! ;)

have a great weekend,
anne

4:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But there's so much out there for you! Forget office jobs, my friend. You can become a trained killer. You can be an army of one. You can be a zoo janitor, or a biker groupie (but you don't get paid except probably in beer), or a swimming pool cover designer. Even a used shoe saleswoman! Honestly, why buy breand new shoes, when there are perfectly good ones just sitting at Vinnies? There's just so much out there - don't limit yourself! ;)

7:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

brand*

7:33 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*scratching head*

Busker?

*sighs and leaves to go google with RG*

10:27 am  
Blogger Mel said...

AH!! Who needs google when you have a Brit to ask.

'im indoors says unless you're gonna be hangin' round some Hari Krishna temple--it probably won't be too lucrative.....that's just a guess though! LOL

((((((((((((E)))))))))))))))

10:30 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

E, I like the idea of becoming a trained killer. Spider killer, perhaps! Ha! Believe me, I've started looking waaaay outside the square now for job ideas. Not so keen on being a zoo janitor, but maybe the butterfly pavilion would be ok.

Mel, that'd be a good idea, if I didn't have to compete with the Hari K's playing their own music.

5:13 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Oh yeah.... busker = street performer.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home