Saturday, September 23, 2006

Dream on, baby

If you've been reading a while, you'll know I have very strange dreams, quite often. Tonight, I'm distressed. I went to dreammoods.com to check out a dream I had this afternoon (yeah, I do nanna naps) and I got this message " You have reached an account that is inactive on this machine." WTF!? I hope it comes back soon.

Not good when a dream freaks you out a little and you want to figure it out now. So I g0ogled dream sites and found a couple. Neither of them are as good as dreammoods, IMO.

I don't remember a lot of the dream. I do remember my brother was at the top of a set of wooden stairs, standing with someone else. He had a baby in his arms. Somehow the baby managed to fall down the stairs, ending up on a landing half way down. I ran down to pick the baby up. It wasn't crying and wasn't really moving, but I had real trouble picking it up. I couldn't get a good grip on his arm. Finally, I did and I ran back upstairs and gave him back to his mother (don't know who it was). The baby still didn't really cry and I couldn't tell if it was seriously hurt or not, but it did have a small cut on its face. That's about as much as I remember, although I know there was a lot more leading up to the baby falling.

Baby (I took out all the stuff about being preggo, coz it's not relevant!)
Crying babies in a dream may foretell of ill health or minor disappointments in your personal life while a bright, clean baby speaks of a wonderful love affair or even the making of many new friends. A nursing baby can mean contentment or even deception when taken in relation to other symbols in your dream. Dreaming of a baby can also denote the state of your soul life, again in relation to the other signs.

Dreaming about a baby usually indicates new beginnings, a new idea or a new birth within
A babe in arms, care taking someone whom you deem to be unable to take care of themselves
An immature or gullible person
A need for nurturing or feeling unable to fend for oneself
Babe in the woods, a defenseless, naive, young person
Being a baby, being immature or handling something poorly
Being babied, being cradled, given lots of care and attention
Darling, girlfriend, young woman
Dependence
Innocence
Left holding the baby, left with the responsibility
Throwing the baby out with the bath water, discarding everything, including the good within it
Nursing a baby may suggest becoming familiar with or nurturing your inner child


Boys
A woman's protective association with her mate. A woman's projection into her future .

Any dream that you have that features boys in any activity is a good omen and bodes well for the dreamer in whatever he/she is undertaking at the present time. Of course, if the boys are injured, or otherwise beset, then you must take the dream to mean an ill omen. (Yay...not)

Falling
Falling or rapidly descending: Fear of a loss of control or of something material.

Mother
Something that represents nurturing, care taking, warmth or comfort
The symbol may be drawing your attention to aspects, character traits or emotions within your relationship with your own mother
Your impression of yourself as a mother
Your wise, feminine side
Yin energy
Something that is innate or native e.g. mother tongue


Stairs
Take you to another level of understanding or progress in your spiritual, emotional or material life.

If you are walking up the steps it is a sign of good luck in your present endeavors, but if you are walking downstairs expect to meet with bad luck and setbacks. If you should stumble and fall upward on the stairs you will have a happy marriage or relationship, but if you fall down them you must be more conventional in your attitude and lifestyle so you do not fall into disrespect.

Hmmm.... I want dreammoods back. It's much more succinct than the sites I got those interpretations from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home