Tuesday, April 12, 2005

One more Kilkenny for the road

The boy's away for the week. I'm having mixed feelings about it. It'll be the longest we've been apart in six months. In a way, it's a good thing, because this last couple of weeks, I've felt unreasonably irritated with things (maybe because I'm irritated with me?), so it's good that he's away and I can get back on track and not take stuff out on him.

It's also good, because I can relax and be a bum and not have to worry about cooking, or anything else that I feel generally less than keen to do.

It's bad, because we've discovered (duh, like we had to think about it), that we really don't do well when we're apart. We're sad really. And we've already decided we're going to try not to go this long apart again....and it's only been two days. Like I said, we're sad. I can see you nodding your heads.

The boy's away on training, so he has to think all day. So what'd he do last night? His first night. He went out to a pub and had one too many Kilkennys....Irish beer, for the uninitiated. He says he was fine this morning, but he certainly had a hangover breakfast (eggs, bacon, mushrooms etc). By lunch he wasn't feeling well at all. At 6pm when I called him, he sounded flat and ill.

My boy peaked on day one! He's got a long week ahead of him....and reckons it's gonna be a quiet one from here on, despite it being 'networking night' tomorrow night, with free drinks.

Yeah, right!

2 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

You've put in your time, girl. You shouldn't have to be apart from your guy anymore.

At least, that's my opinion, because you know that's how I'll be working it whenever I'm able to be with mine all the time.

5:40 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I totally understand where you are coming from, as I just felt that when I shuttled my parents around Ireland last week with no honey. :) (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

and I love Kilkenny.. it's a favorite. glad to hear you can still get it in other countries because they stopped getting it (licensing problems) in Mtn View last year sometime.. sigh...

halfway there by now. more than halfway!

3:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home