Friday, March 18, 2005

Thanks, but no thanks

I am so sick and tired of job hunting. I've been applying for jobs for months and have only received two interviews so far. One, the guy knew I was over-qualified and would want more money than he was offering, and the other was just an arrogant pig who didn't read my resume, and I still don't understand how I even got an interview with him.

I'm almost to the point of really not knowing what to do. I can't get a job outside of my industry, because I 'don't have recent hands on experience' or I'm over-qualified. I can't get a job within my industry, because there just aren't any doing what I do now. I can't even get anyone to take the time to freakin interview me.

I started semi-actively job hunting when the Army knocked back my appeals to join. That's coming up to two years ago now. I've been fully active in looking for a new job for the last 6 months. Two interviews from private companies, and not one agency who's willing to even have me come in and talk to them.....there's only so long you can do this and stay positive and optimistic.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Let's open a cafe together, Eve...

9:21 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Because we both know, Melbourne just doesn't have enough cafe's :)

9:22 pm  
Blogger Randygirl said...

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now.
05/27/04: "Meant to sign before. Good job, Eve, and thanks for your continual support and presence. Luv ya!"
04/24/04: "Loved the poem, Eve!"
04/04/04: "Great site, Eve, keeps getting better!"
04/02/04: "Eve, what a GREAT job you've done!"
04/01/04: "Wow, Eve, you did a great job on the website! Love you!!"
03/12/04: "Eve...the site looks great! Excellent work!"

Just a random sampling. hugs...I can't empathize because my line of work is so different to apply for, but I sympathize.

12:40 pm  
Blogger Movin'on said...

What sort of work do you do? I work in recruitment and might have some contacts....

3:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home