Thursday, January 13, 2005

Putting a price on it

Yes, yes, I know, lot's of posts today. That'll make four for the day (I think), but since I'm away for the next three days, consider it compensating, or something.

Since C and I confirmed that I'll be officially moving in with him, we haven't discussed anything financial. It seems apparent that's not a concern to him, although it's been on my mind a lot.

I asked him last night how much he'd like me to contribute (see: pay 'rent'). He hadn't even considered it and said he thought we'd just split bills. As good an offer as that sounds, I can't do that. Yeah, it's his house, his mortgage, but I think it's necessary that I contribute in some way other than just paying bills.

Anyway, I know what I'm comfortable contributing, although I suspect he'll think it's too much, even though it'll mean we're both saving money. It just never occured to me not to make some sort of contribution other than bills and I find it interesting that it never occured to him that I should.

I'll be leaving to go to my girlfriend's place at 5am tomorrow morning (yeah, at the time, booking a 7am flight seemed like a good thing to do!), so we can all go to the airport together, and I won't be back until late Sunday night.

I won't see C for practically three days. That's almost half a week. (Said in my best Jessica Simpson voice.) Eons! LOL and to think I survived months on end doing an international LDR!

1 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

There's a five o'clock in the morning?

6:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home