Wednesday, December 08, 2004

A diagnosis and a decision

The first doctor I went to yesterday wouldn't take me, because I got there 10 minutes before they closed and I didn't have an appointment. Mind you, they had nobody else waiting there, so I was rather unimpressed. I drove to the next doctor I knew (that is further away and always has a line up of people waiting), and managed to get in fairly quickly.

Turns out I have bronchitis. Not at all happy with this, but at least I can work on getting it fixed. No wonder all the sinus/hayfever drugs I've been taking, haven't worked. D'oh! I'm on antibiotics now and he gave me an inhaler. Generally, I can't take ventolin inhalers because they make me shake so much I can't even hold a pen, but the one he gave me must be different, because I've had no problems so far, despite taking double doses. I know, my bad, but hey, I feel better.

The boy bought me red roses last night and took me to dinner. That kinda stuff always helps with recovery too! He brought up moving in again, and again, we didn't come to a decision. But it's on the table and we talked about our concerns. We still have some time to make up our minds, so we're just going to take our time to think it through properly.

As for the property my mother and brother want to buy, I'm not going to do it. For a number of reasons. The primary ones being a) if I buy an investment property before I own my first home, I won't get the Government grant of $7,000, b) I won't get any return on the investment I put into the home until it's sold, because mum will be living in it and there wouldn't be any rental income, c) it's too close to my family and d) I'd just rather do my own thing, in my own time, rather than have to agree to every decision with my mother and my brother.

Oh well...at least I can breathe again. I don't know what's in that inhaler, but I'm feeling very relaxed!

1 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

(((((((((((((((((((((you)))))))))))))))))))
I'm glad you finally went to the doctor. I don't know why we fight that so much because they always fix us right up. Well, not always, but in this case they did!

xoxo

3:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home