Monday, November 29, 2004

Seeking perfection

Yes, I'm back! And R, yes, it's because I was out and about with the boy all weekend. I can't remember what we did on Friday night...oh, yes I can, we watched a DVD (Love's Brother), but it was a pretty laid back night, so nothing really to report on.

On Saturday, I went to my weekly visit to Dr Fun-Killer, who told me that I'd managed to drop 3% body fat in ONE WEEK! Now, normally, I don't check to see what I weigh or what the results of the other tests he does, are, but this time I had to see it for myself. And yep, down 3% body fat in one week. Way cool! I also passed my psychological target weight (I needed to drop to a certain point before I believed it was actually going to work), another nice confidence booster.

I've been trying to catch up with my brother for weeks now, and yesterday we finally managed to tie him and his girlfriend to lunch, which was nice. My brother and I used to hate each other when we were growing up. I think it was more to do with us taking our situation out on each other, rather than anything else. We're really good friends now.

Anyway, the funny thing is that C's sister was also around yesterday and he was almost going to invite her to lunch as well. That would have been interesting, because my brother is also called Chris, but his girlfriend and Chris' sister share the same name as well.

After that, we rang just about everyone we knew to go visiting, but nobody was home, so we just went for a cruise down by the beach.

Saturday night, we watched Robbie the Reindeer. Yes, it's a kids movie, but one of those ones that has subtle one liners that only adults will pick up on...and it happens to be pretty funny too.

On Sunday we got a brilliant brainwave to put some Christmas lights on the front of the house. Just one set of icicle lights across the front porch area and one regular set just above them, nothing spectacular. "Let's just start out small and we'll build on it each year". That was the plan anyway. But we're both the type that once we start something, it has to be done just right. So we put the lights up and decided that we needed just one more set. Um...we got slightly more than that...

At 7pm last night (still daylight, due to daylight savings) we finished...having spent about $150 on blue and white lights, of which we calculated were well over 1000 in number...and the whole entire front of the house and roof is now lit up!! Now, considering C's friend has more than 20,000 lights, we're chicken feed in comparison, but for our first effort, it looks damn fine and people were already slowing down last night to check it out! Woohooo! We rock! hehe

Despite sunscreen and the eventual donning of tshirts and hats, we (me moreso than he) are doing nice lobster impressions today.

I'm in rather a good mood today. Even with bright red skin, hayfever I've had for about 3 weeks and bloodshot eyes. Maybe coz I know I only have two more weeks of this torturous place I call 'work', before I go on holidays.

2 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

Oh yay, she's back!
It's so sweet. So very sweet to see you guys doing the "established couple" things like holiday decorating and lunches with family and evenings with a video.
(except you need a dvd player, you know)
I, too, love seeing you happy like this.
hugs,
R

3:54 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Thanks guys. Strange how being happy feels strange...

And R, I don't need to buy a dvd now coz the boy has one. hehe He thinks I'm a peasant because I don't have one, but that's ok coz he drives a chick's car. LOL

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home