Thursday, November 11, 2004

Sometimes you have a win

I felt like crap when I went to work today. Not sure if it's hayfever or some flu type thing, but I wasn't happy to be having to sit in the office. So I walked straight into my boss' office and said, "I'm going to check my email and get a few things done, then I'm going to work from home." I didn't ask, I just said. His response was something along the lines of, "yeah whatever", or something equally as uninterested.

I read my email, made a cup of tea and came home. I've been good though. I haven't turned the tv or the radio on, and I've been productive for the last couple of hours. I've certainly got a lot more work done than I would have had I been at my desk.

So now I'm sitting here in my track pants, on my lounge, having eaten bacon and eggs for lunch (yes, approved and encouraged by Dr Fun-Killer!), and I'm about to snooze for half an hour, then get back into it.

Hopefully, I'll feel better by later on this afternoon, because the boy and I are going out tonight for a dinner his cousin is putting on for her birthday. It's bad enough that I have the whole 'first impression' nerves thing going on, but I still don't even know what I'm going to wear. I don't want to look like crap when I already feel like crap. Ugh!

Meanwhile, I got to come home from work for the day for no real reason. My boss' indifference is sometimes a very positive thing!

Sleep-time now. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Wish I could go home when i felt like it. Maybe I should get a job at your place of work...

5:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home