Friday, October 15, 2004

Persistence...does it pay off?

I went out to meet up with a guy called Steve tonight. (R, he's the cute one who has the website of all the photos from him in Italy. Sara, he's the one who we chatted with that day.)

Steve's been pestering me for at least 5 weeks or more to meet him. Well, to sleep with him. Specifically, because he has a thing for bjs and thought I might be interested (no, he's not the sodomy guy). So much so that he's practically begged and pleaded every day for the entirity of that time, in between normal conversation, for me to give him a bj.

In a way, I have to admire his dogged pursuance of something he's been told is not likely to happen - ever. He's a nice looking guy and there are plenty of other girly fish in the sea. Methinks it could simply be the thrill of the chase for the boy. I asked him tonight if anybody else had ever knocked him back and he said, "all the time", so me wonders what his strike rate is.

Anyway, I met the guy tonight. He looked like his photos, but different. Better, or worse, I'm not sure. He was pretty honest, as he's always been, about what he would like from me. (How many times can a guy take rejection without it sinking in?)

What I don't get is that he has one or two girls who he's not really into, but who he calls with some regularity when he feels like a bj or two. Yet he is looking for 'the one'. How can you find 'the right one' when 'the right-now one' is on her knees in front of you? Is it a guy thing in general to take what you can get while you're on the quest to find 'the one'?

At the end of the evening, he didn't want to go home. Well not to his home. He wanted to go to mine. Like I said, he's persistent. Normally, I woulda sent his little toosh packing a long time ago, but in between all the pressure for a bj, we have some pretty interesting conversations. The balance is teetering, but bearable for now. (By the way, he didn't get to see my place.)

I told him we could catch up again on Sunday - not for sex. The thing is, I'm starting to get the whole 'this could be beneficial for me' thought process happening and it's a little disconcerting, because I'm trying really hard not to be that way anymore. I could keep the equilibrium till I feel the need to have no strings sex, but if I wanted that, I could call someone with whom I already have a prior agreement.

Neither option interests me, but the fact that Steve (yikes, they're both called Steve hmmm....) is overly interested makes me less interested. Wow, that sounds like a very 'guy-like' statement. I'm not interested coz there's no thrill of the chase; it'd be an easy kill.

Maybe I've learnt something about me this year. I've now turned down three very attractive, very willing guys on my quest not to settle. Not sure if I'm proud of myself, or kicking myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Randygirl said...

I find it astounding that that man finds it necessary to beg for head.
I agree with what B says...wouldn't you rather be with someone who wants to be with you, instead of someone who's with you out of pity or simply to make you shut up and stop asking?
Weird.
hope work went well,
R

9:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home