Thursday, October 13, 2005

Blinded by the light

My boss just sent me cross-eyed.

We're always getting new gadgets in our department. The latest is an 8 megapixel digital camera from K0n!ca M!n0lta and it appears to take fantastic pictures.

My boss wanted to show me how it works (see: wanted me to see how cool it was and make the appropriate noises of approval), and decided to take a photo of me. Clearly recognising it's late afternoon and the little makeup I applied in the morning would have well and truly gone, and knowing I was going to have that lovely shine happening, I wasn't keen on the idea.

Still, he made me stand there and smile, smile more, are you smiling yet, when I already felt like I looked like this:






Next thing I knew, there was a click and a flash!! and everything went yellow. Now everything I look at seems as though it has yellow amoebas floating over the top of it and my eyes feel like they're permanently turned in towards my nose.

Glad I get to go home soon....as long as I can find my car. It'll be the blue one with yellow patchwork....

4 Comments:

Blogger web_loafer said...

Yes, but at least he didn't want you to do just a little more work...for the company...you probably know the company, they are the one who signs the check...
Don't look at life as to what the rest of the world wants..demands...needs.
Look within thyself...you will find everything you need to be happy...if you but live life like no one else is around.

6:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so hot can you post some cute pics of yourself!! Keep smiling!

7:31 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hey, thanks all for commenting. :-)

T Cat, my boss is a gadget freak. I work in IT..my whole department is made up of them.

Anon, um..er...thanks. Ya know, I'd made up my mind to post a pic that I like tomorrow. Changed my mind now. ;-) You'll just have to keep checking back in to see if I've posted it.

7:39 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Heeeeeyy, I'm a girl and I like gadgets. Hehehe. Yeah, that didn't sound right, but it was too good to delete.

What I meant was that camera sounds like a fun toy to play with... hope your retina's recouperate quickly!

11:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home