Saturday, September 10, 2005

To Rich....

It's just short of three years, you know. I remember the day you IMed me to ask why I had your 'company' logo on my y@hoo profile. It was just after I'd met Jason, and he'd contacted me for the same reason. Both of you gave me almost identical opening lines, and I thought that was pretty funny.

And what an unlikely friendship we formed. We've both had some tough times since then, but we've managed to fumble our way through them and I think we've done ok for the most part.

I want to thank you for your support, your friendship and your kindness. There is a warmth behind that tough exterior and I know you don't like to admit it, but it is evident. Deb and the kids are proud of you, I'm sure. I know you feel down from time to time, but I know they're lucky to have you. I know how concerned I get for your safety when you're off doing the work you do, so it's understandable they'd be fearful too. Like I said, the webcam will make a difference for all of you. Just remember to smile, huh? :-) (Oh, and tell Deb she looks good in pink. The wedding photos are great.)

I think you underestimate the good in yourself (haha, go on, tell me I do too!) and I just wanted to remind you of the positive contribution you make to my life. You're an awesome person - one of my favourites - and I really do appreciate you.

Keep your head down, huh!

Semper Fi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home