Friday, September 09, 2005

Interesting timing

I don't often have time to log into Y@h0o lately. I can't log in from work anymore and I seem to not have time when I'm home.

I was surprised, when I logged in by chance tonight, to see James on line. Yes, the James from NV. For those who don't know James, we had a long distance thing going for over a year, till I went to see him in NV and he didn't show. I honestly knew he wasn't going to turn up before I left, but I went anyway....and had a ball (and got to be in the lovely Sara's wedding while I was there).

Those who know me know the rest. I was/am disappointed about a bunch of things, but I think we were always destined to just be friends.

I haven't talked to James in ages, so I sent him a hello message. An hour and a half later, and we're still talking. He's one of the few people I can do this with - go for so long without a word, then pick up down the track and it doesn't feel strange or uncomfortable. Just nice. Yeah, despite all the crap I went through.

He has this way of putting me at ease. When he said, "you worry too much", I actually smiled. Somehow, in a weird way, just talking to him helps me not to worry. I don't know how or why. I can't explain it. I just feel better.

The timing of our chat couldn't have been better. I needed the positive boost tonight. It's my second last night in this house....and it's all feeling very surreal.

In this moment though, I'm feeling happy and that's a feeling that I've not felt often enough lately.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that surreal feeling of moving into a new place - it sorta feels like nowhere is home. Scary a little. Glad you reconnected with someone who could offer some comfort - something familiar at a time like this.

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home