Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Two things to smile about

Finally, finally, finally, I got my bond money back! Woohooo! That saga is over! OMG, I had about $50 left till I get paid at the end of next week (less than a tank of petrol these days). Puuuuuurfect timing!

The other good thing happened when I went to sign the lease on my new place this afternoon (man, it stung to pay out almost $2k for rent and bond!). I had originally asked for a 6 month lease with an option to go month to month afterwards. Because they'd negotiated down on the rent, the agent said the landlord said he'd only go for a 12 month lease.

The agent was not in the office today, so he got someone else to do the paperwork. I'd written on my application "6-12 months", so they wrote up a lease of only 6 months! Man, did I sign that fast! I really don't foresee moving again in another six months, but at least now I have the option to, if I want to.

Oh, I've thought of something else too. Since I'll be moving back closer to the city and closer to work, I'll be driving an average of 250kms less per week than I have been. With petrol at over $1.35 litre these days, that's good, good news!

(1 litre = 0.26 gallons, so that's roughly $5.40 gallon!)

2 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Wow! I thought $3.58 a gallon was bad. (It's actually starting to go back down here.)

I hear you on the preference for a 6 month lease. Congrats!

7:47 am  
Blogger Vixen said...

Congrats. It's good that the money came when you needed it most. Here in the states, it's $3.29...I guess I shouldn't complain:)

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home