Monday, September 05, 2005

Bureaucracy gone mad...yet again

The bond saga continues! If I could be bothered, I'd find links to previous posts. The short of it is that I moved out of a rental place in 2003 after my housemate bailed on me with no notice. The landlord and I have been trying since then to recover our respective parts of the bond money.

We've signed papers, been to court, signed more papers, and finally thought things were sorted a couple of weeks ago. I really need the money now, so I called my old landlord to find out if the bond agency had processed our forms yet.

It turns out they thought my signature on the form we just sent in doesn't match my signature on the original bond lodgement form I signed back in early 2002, so they sent the form back to my landlord saying they wouldn't process it. Of course, he had words with them and eventually sent the form back to them once more, with a statutory declaration saying the signature was mine and to just please put the damn money into our accounts.

As of today, they're still processing it. We should have the money in our accounts next week. I'm not holding my breath for it, but I could really, really use it right now!

Stupid damn govt departments! This is one saga I'd like to be over - now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home