Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Night moves and nanna

My unit is one of three. It's at the front of the block, number two is directly behind me, and number three is way down the back of the driveway.

There's a little old lady in number two. The only time I've seen her was the day I first looked at the place and the day my girlfriend helped me move in. I'm sure she thinks I'm gay, purely because any other sane person would have a guy driving the truck and shifting their furniture. Me? I get my mid 40s, shorter-than-me girlfriend to lend a hand. Little old lady gave us a strange look and I haven't seen her since.

I knew the person in number 3 was a guy. There are boots outside his front door, and he owns a flat bed ute. I didn't see him for the first day or so, but I drove in one time as he drove out and we did the perfunctory nod thing as we passed.

But I think he's odd. At least, his activities seem odd. He comes and goes in his truck each night at least every half hour or so, if not less. It's really weird behaviour.

I'm going to have to investigate. Besides, I need to get to know someone who can open jars and kill spiders for me. Other than him, I'm surrounded by little old ladies on all sides. At least I know I'll get looked after and fed whenever I'm sick.

2 Comments:

Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL This is a ute...
http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/action/modeloverview?modelid=15000

12:02 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

little old ladies, one weird guy and YOU. sounds like a sitcom!!

hope you're doing better each day. i'm sure your little place will be home sweet home in no time.

HUGS,
G

9:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home