Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Happy blog birthday to me

Tomorrow marks one year of blogging for me. I'll admit I'm surprised. I tend not to stick to a lot of things once I start them, so it's a bit of an achievement. I was going to keep my thoughts private, but I'm glad I didn't. I've made some great friends and met some great people simply by publicly airing my musings in this little space on the net.

Tomorrow would have also marked 11 months with C. It's a thought that could really bring me down if I dwell on it too much. I miss how things were. I miss how happy I was. I miss that we appeared to be happy together. I miss el kiddo. I miss the things we did. I miss him, the way he was. I miss a lot of things.

Life is strange. The unexpected - good and bad - can lead you in all sorts of directions you never would have imagined. I certainly didn't expect today's circumstances to be this way. I wonder what the next 12 months will bring.

I hope in 12 months I'll still be writing here.

I hope in 12 months I'll be getting paid to write - somewhere.

I hope in 12 months that I'll have learnt more about myself, so that my life lessons may not be so painful, even when they're not entirely pleasant.

I hope in 12 months that I'll reflect back to today and say to myself, "Look how far you've come!"

I hope in 12 months that the things I dare not hope for out loud now will be the things I receive that only serve to enhance the person I'd like to become in that time.

I hope in 12 months that those of you who have shared my journey so far will still be there, and that I'll still be calling you my friends - online and/or in person.

So....happy 1 year to Kalliope's Musings and thank you to you all - for so many things!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMmmm..cake.

Happy Bloggy Birthday to you, E. Life willing, I'll still be out here with ya in a year. Embrace your sadness...this too shall pass. You're feeling all the right things, even if they kinda suck. hugs....

9:40 pm  
Blogger Mia Goddess said...

One year! I had a little birthday over the summer of writing in my blog, too. I like your idea of writing what you hope for in the next 12 months ~ and as long as you keep writing (and please do!) you'll be able to look back in a year and see that it was filled with the rich gifts you hoped for. Happy "birthday"!

11:13 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Ahhhhh, Eve's Opus...

:) Here's wishing ya all you wanted and more!

2:35 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Happy birthday E's blog! I hope your blog has brought you as much joy as mine has. I'm glad you've kept with it!

11:34 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Blog!

8:12 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

doh! i missed the party!
congrats to you, E - and happy birthday to your dear blog.

xox

11:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home