Tuesday, January 18, 2005

You think this is legit, or not?

Received this email as an enquiry on my dad's website. Am trying to work out how to find out if it's legitimate, or not. Thoughts??? Sad that our first real 'unsolicited' sales enquiry is from Nigeria, so I automatically assume it's a scam....

Dear sales,
Compliement of the season to you. My name is Sheila Magret and i desired to conatct you via email. Please i will like to place an order with you,also to know the shipping cost Lagos,Nigeria along with your carrier via {USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS MAIL SPEED POST}2-3days or UPS. I will like to know the shipping cost before i procced to selection items.Please include your domain name(website) for selection of goods for quote.

And the only method of payment is by CREDIT CARD {VISA, MASTER}, Wish to have a business with you.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks&Best regards,
Sheila Magret

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob Burton said...

BEWARE the Nigeria scam is well known. Even Scotland Yard and Interpol have websites about these criminal activities. It might well be that this person is a bona fide customer BUT if they offer to share millions of dollars that just happen to be in their posession don't do it, its obvious right, you don't get nothing for nothing, but hundreds of people are sucked in each year

Look here:

http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

http://www.quatloos.com/scams/nigerian.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/alerts/nigeralrt.htm

and many many more if you do a google search

3:18 am  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Definitely not legit.

10:59 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Thanks guys. Yeah, I know about the Nigeria scams and that's why I was dubious when I received the email. I might respond and see what exactly the person is after and go from there. Maybe I might be able to crack a scam ring in the process and become famous. LOL

10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just like to know the outcome of this. We have been contacted too by this person, she actually placed an order with me and is e-mailing me daily.

1:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home