Tuesday, October 26, 2004

'Dating' famous people

Back in February, I was approached by someone who is very high profile on a dating site. He has a history of being infamous and associating with people of seemingly lesser character. At first, I didn't believe he was who he said he was, but after a week of me sending him quite nasty emails about how I was going to find out who he was and seek retribution (eep, yes I used those words!), I finally relented, gave him my number and apologised profusely when it turned out that he was in fact who he said he was.

We went out for coffee once and my mother was horrified and said I was going to get a bad reputation for associating with him. This person was a certain Dr E, and that's all I'm going to say about him. Tomorrow I'll probably regret posting that name and edit it out, but for now, it can stay.

To my surprise, another 'famous' person contacted me last week on match. It was only a one line email and, because I can be a smart arse, I sent him back a sarcastic one liner, to which he replied with a witty phrase and an invite to dinner, while I wait for my (prince charming).

So there's been a couple of days of intellectual banter sent back and forth and we've agreed to catch up on Sunday night. He's also invited me to a property he owns on an island in the bay, but we'll just see if we both survive talking over a table first, rather than a date that includes a 90 min car trip, followed by a ferry trip then more driving.

He's in the music industry. This should prove very interesting!

I should start collecting autographs!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amelia said...

Wow, I nearly forgot about all that stuff that goes on when you date!

I've been married so long I have no idea how to behave on a date anymore, let alone one with a famous person.... I think I'd definitely go for the autograph thing ;)

12:48 am  
Blogger Rob Burton said...

Yes I say get as many autographs and bits of memorabillia as you can, then after you can sell it all on ebay and make a profit!

6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home