Thursday, October 21, 2004

You all got me wondering....

It's really surprised me that the general consensus is that this guy I'm meeting tonight is an axe murderer or a player, or just plain odd.

I've been trying to keep the pessimistic me at bay since we started talking. I've been on the net a long time and I've met a lot of people, here and overseas, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. I can look after myself in that regard.

So far, I've found this guy to be open, funny and honest..and his emails aren't full of the usual, "I like movies, wine in front of an open fire, walks on the beach and coffees on a Sunday morning" blah that everyone else does, so that aspect of things has been refreshing. Honestly, I'm going with no expectations except to see what happens and hopefully have a nice time.

But from the feedback I had on my original post, thanks mostly to my two cyber guardians, Ian and Rob, it would seem that when someone breaks from the norm in an attempt to just do something a little more interesting, we all start to question what ulterior motives that person may have.

Are we all so battle scared and weary that we can't accept people at face value anymore? Are we that untrusting? What are your thoughts?

Either way, I'll find out in about five and half hours...

Oh and Ian, we're meeting at 6 opposite Flinders, in case you wanna chaperone. LOL

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I'll be standing right behind you all night...

6:18 pm  
Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

What is your relation with army? I have a hunch; curious. Could you let me know, and 'kill the cat' in the process?

6:44 pm  
Blogger Rob Burton said...

Now I'm more worried about Ian, hope you got the cattle prod handy...

Have a good time!

6:44 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

(Sitting. Arms folded. Tapping fingers. Finally the door opens and Eve sleeks in): "...and what time do you call *this*, young lady...?"

9:05 pm  
Blogger Rob Burton said...

10 more minutes and I'm calling the hospitals and the police! And on a school night too! Hurumph!

10:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've met some amazing people from the internet - trust your gut, stay in public places, don't get in his car on the first date, and you'll be fine. If you think about it, you don't know how safe ANYONE you meet is, regardless of what venue. Have fun - and report back immediately. :)

11:48 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Shirazi, what exactly do you want to know about me and the army? What hunch do you have?

E

2:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home