Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Plan B

Well, Plan A hasn't worked all that often lately. Plan A being meet someone, go out, bring sex into the equation, then one or the other of us would go all weird and/or emotional and things would crash and burn, or at least die a slow, painful death from that point on.

Not this time.

Chris invited me over to his place for dinner on Sunday night. After a trip to the supermarket together to get foods that I'm currently allowed to eat, (which we thought was all a bit too comfortable for a second date, especially considering how we spent the first one), he cooked for me. We just sat and talked and listened to music.

The problem with having a sleep disorder is that I can go from wide awake to just wanting to curl up on the floor wherever I am and sleeping for 10 hours. So then came the stay/go discussion. By this time, it was after 11.30 and I had a 40 minute drive home. Not so bad, except for the fact that I wasn't quite sure how to get from his place to the highway to get home (he's in a new estate that's not in my street directory). Anyway, the consensus was that I'd stay, but we agreed nothing was going to happen.

So he got me a tshirt and left while I changed. This was kinda funny to me and I said, "I've been in hospital enough times and had enough strangers requiring to look at my 'bits' while I've been out of it, so taking my top off in front of you is not an issue". LOL, but he still left the room.

And nothing happened. And I have to say, I'm really glad.

He sent me a text yesterday (Monday) to ask to see me again and we went out to dinner last night. This time, he stayed at my place. Again, no sex.

This is big for me, because hey, I'm human. But the fact is, I really haven't decided what I think about the boy and it's too early to determine that anyway. He's super into me (which of course, after the whole Ed saga, I'm reading way too much into and looking for ulterior motives), but that he's not pushing for anything and we had a civilised, adult conversation about not getting ahead of ourselves, is a nice change.

Besides, it has been nice to have someone to talk to in the dark and wake up to, without any pressure or expectations. Don't get me wrong, it's just as frustrating as it is a refreshing change.

But perhaps if I can learn to keep sex outta the equation for a bit, I'll have a clearer perspective on where things may or may not go, and that's not a bad thing, however it turns out.

So, yay for me! I've learnt something in the last few days.

2 Comments:

Blogger E in Oz said...

Aaah Rome...has been a long time since I was there. I would love to go back (to Italy in general), as I have family there, but it won't be any time soon.

Nice to see a new face here too. Benvenuto al mio blog. Il mio nome รจ Eve. :-)

9:03 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Anita,
Wow...thanks...and how'd you find me?
Eve

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home