Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Ed

I thought I had nothing much to say when I set this blog up earlier today. In fact, it turns out I have so much on my mind, I'm not sure where to begin.

I'm at work right now. I should probably be doing something constructive for the money I'm earning. Instead, I'm here talking to myself.

I have a date tonight. Met a guy last week. His name is Ed and he's a Pisces. That wouldn't be so interesting except for the fact that almost every guy I've met in the last couple of years has been called Jason, James, Darren, Steve or Brett, with few exceptions - and the majority of them have been Aries.

But Linda Goodman's Sun Signs recommends I stay away from Ed. He's 35 and according to Linda, if he hasn't got his life together by now, he's going to end up a poor, alcoholic, temperamental potato farmer who doesn''t have enough money to put spinach on the table and if I end up with him I'll need to work two jobs in order for us to cope. It doesn't sound all that appealing and positive. I discussed this with Ed. He doesn't like the idea of becoming a potato farmer, nor do I want to work two jobs. But I'm jumping the gun here, so let's get back to today.

It's just after 3pm in the afternoon. We have a date for 7pm. I expected he would have been in contact by now to confirm...

Backtracking for a bit...I met Ed on a dating site Saturday week ago. I liked his profile so I sent a message to say hi. I honestly didn't expect a reply. Out of nowhere comes a myriad of dates, IMs and phone calls from Monday to Saturday - movies, dinner, bowling, nights in with chinese food.

There have been few people lately I've got on so well with in such a short space of time and he treats me wonderfully when we're together.

Can you tell there's a 'but' coming? There always seems to be a 'but'.

There are inconsistencies....I have his mobile number and I know the suburb he lives in, yet he won't tell me his home number or his address. Could be that he's just being cautious because it's early days? Perhaps.

He left my place at 10.30am last Saturday morning and was due back around lunch time. He stalled for over 6 hours and still I'm not sure if I got a reasonable explanation as to why. But after only a week are you allowed to question such long absences? We're not even 'official'.

There are other things causing my gut to question his integrity and the internal battle with myself to call it all off now before I invest more of myself, or to continue and see which of my gut, or my desire for his company, wins.

I hate the intial stages of dating. I'm not very good at it. I haven't done much of it because I've had live-in boyfriends most of my life. Dating protocols and 'rules' are new to me. Maybe I'll post specifically on that at some stage.

I'm starting to get annoyed. How can someone who makes you feel so good when you're with them make you feel so uncomfortable when you're not? And yet...I want to find out more about him.

Maybe I'll have some answers to those questions after our date tonight.

Wish me luck.

E :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home