Monday, June 06, 2005

Analyse this...

I had a dream the other night, that I can't remember all of. As a bit of background, my cats catch little marsh frogs (about an inch long) in our back garden, and bring them inside for me as presents. They don't ever kill them unless I don't notice they've got one and they play with it for too long. Mostly, it means catching the frog and taking it to the marsh down the road.

Anyway, part of my dream was that there were some of these little frogs (except they were slightly smaller and green), and they were in some form of container. I think I must have been putting them in or taking them out. One jumped out and straight into my mouth and got stuck in the back of my throat. Ok, so it still makes me gag just thinking about it (and the entire night, I gagged every time I thought about swallowing). I couldn't get it back up my throat and out of my mouth and I think I swallowed it whole and alive.

You gagging yet?

So I looked up the dream dictionary that I've got linked on my blog and here's what it says:

Frogs
To see a frog in your dream, represents a potential to change or to do the unexpected. The frog may be a prince in disguise. Alternatively, the frog may suggest uncleanness. To see frogs leaping in your dream, may indicate your lack of commitment. You have the tendency to jump from one thing to another. Alternatively, it may suggest that you are taking major steps toward some goal. To dream that you are catching a frog, signifies your carelessness concerning your health.

Swallowing
To dream that you swallow something, indicates that you are holding back your feelings or words. You may feel unable to express your anger.

So, wise cyber-friends, what's it mean?

1 Comments:

Blogger grrltraveler said...

First of all, this DID make me gag. But only for a moment, thankfully. ;)

I know that a lot of people analyze dreams and I hover on the fence about whether this is a good thing to do when something comes up like this... yes, it does seem to point to some issues happening in your life now but it could just as easily be the fact that your cats keep bringing em in. :)

I'll be the one to stick with the repetitive nature of your cats bringing in the frogs. ;)

a

3:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home